Schedule for Monday, January 16th, MLK Day
- Group classes and orchestras are meeting this afternoon, Monday, January 16th,
as scheduled. Weather and temperatures continue to improve.
Spaghetti Dinner Tour Fundraiser
January 28, 5:00-7:30
Montgomery Hall at
Johnson County Fairgrounds
Dinner, Mini Concerts, Silent Auction, Raffle.
Benefits June PSSO Concert Tour of the Baltics.
- Spaghetti Dinner catered by
Zio Johno's. Tickets: $10 for ages 6 and up; Free under 6
- Mini Concerts at 5:30, 6:00, 6:30, and 7:00
- Silent Auction
- Raffle of 2-piece
Travel Pro spinner Luggage Set. Tickets: 1 for $5; 5 for $10
- Purchase tickets in advance from either Preucil Office or PSSO Tour Students
New Offerings for Fall:
Piano Department Group Lessons
- For pre-twinkle (beginners) through Book 3.
- Supplement to the private lesson.
- Designed to motivate, develop camaraderie and collaboration, fine-tune listening skills, reinforce lesson and theory concepts,
teach about composers and be fun.
- Classes will run on Monday evenings or Saturday mornings from the week of Sept 12 through the week of Apr 24.
- Discuss with your teacher and sign up at registration.
Flute Department Class with New Faculty Member, Sasha Garver
- Class runs 15 weeks (first semester).
- Introduction to Suzuki flute class lessons.
- For ages 4-8 and their parent/caregiver.
- Individual lessons available after completion of class
- See for more information.
International Honors for Preucil Alum Siblings Katherine & Jeremiah Siochi
Congratulations to harpist Katherine Siochi, who won the first prize in the 10th USA International Harp Competition (USAIHC) on Saturday, June 18,
at Auer Hall on the campus of Indiana University in Bloomington. She is the first American to win the competition since 1989.
As winner, Katherine receives a gold Lyon & Healy harp, a cash prize, concert engagements, and a recording contract. Pam Weest-Carrasco,
pictured with Katherine, was her teacher at Preucil School.
As the winner of the 2015 USAIHC Composition Competition, Katherine's brother, composer Jeremiah Siochi, was also honored at the event. His 2015 award included
the performance of his composition, Sublimation, by all the harpists in the 3rd round of this year's USAIHC. He is pictured with Katherine at the
event. Jeremiah studied piano with Barb Michaelson and bass with Jeanette Welch at Preucil School.